Sprint has been sending out the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow updates on latest Samsung devices for the past couple of days. Though we thought that the Galaxy S5 SM-G900P would be delayed for a little while. But we are wrong, as Sprint itself has just unleased the official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow to all it’s Galaxy S5 users. This is the first Marshmallow released for the Galaxy S5 in the United States alone. It is dubbed as the software update build G900PVPU3CPCA or MMB29M. G900PVPU3CPCA, and its hitting over the air OTA as we speak.
Technical details of the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow – update build G900PVPU3CPCA
- Model number: SM-G900P
- Android version: 6.0.1 (Marshmallow OS)
- Baseband version: G900PVPU3CPCA
- Kernel version: 3.4.0-7603580
Wed Mar 23 14:03:10 2016
- Build number: MMB29M.G900PVPU3CPCA
- AP: G900PVPU3CPCA
- CSC: G900PSPT3CPCA
- CP: G900PVPU3CPCA
Primary Features and/or Enhancements:
- OS upgrade to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
- The new TouchWiz provides enhanced usability and an updated visual design.
- Quick connect helps you easily find and connect to nearby devices and pre-connection.
- Fingerprints are securely protected. An alternative unlock method (pattern,PIN, or password.
- Advanced power saving mode restricts background data and extends battery life.
- New enhanced users interface and a lot more.
The update were also packed with the latest security patches, to which addressed up to the month of April 2016.
The G900PVPU3BOK4 OTA update weighs at approximately 891.75MB to download via Over-The-Air (OTA) and or by using Kies or Smart Switch for PC. This update is at its phased released, and it may take into several days to completely arrive on all Galaxy S5 owners. Yet, if you haven’t received the notification message, you may manually check the update from time to time until it tells you that the new update is available for grab. Simply just tap on your Galaxy S5 Settings > About device > Software update > Check for update.
Also, keep in mind that you can only get the new update if your device has not been rooted and or currently running on a modified firmware. You must unroot your device first before taking an OTA update so your device may not get into any issues.
source: Sprint Galaxy S5 support page